Topic: Industrial Electrician

EQ: How can an electrician best wire a house?

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Beginning

So I have finally started my mentorship this month and its looking pretty good. My mentor seems to enjoy teaching on what he has learned and I'm happy to accept the knowledge. Currently my mentor has gone over the basics by showing me some tools and telling me how safety is key. It was cool to know that one of his jobs is safety, not just to be careful, but to make sure that the workplace is safe for the people around him. One day he had me create what he called a pighead screw which is basically when you twist wires to hold them together before placing them in conduit to go where it is needed. We also hooked up a pump motor that he had in his old pool and using wires that he had at home we connected it to a switch which we used to turn the pump off and on. I would post the video of the switch being used but my cable isn't working. I have learned new things and I am interested in learning what can be done with the knowledge of an Industrial Technician. I'll post pictures for you guys once I get my cord fix. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment